It's a thrill to live on the hill!
Borough of Fountain Hill
941 Long St, Fountain Hill, PA 18015 | 610-867-0301
Permit Information/Permit Applications
Our Code Enforcement Officer, Tom Wargo, is available to assist you with any questions of what permits are required. You may contact Mr. Wargo at 610-867-5124 or email at email@example.com with any questions between the hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
What does the UCC have to do with “permits”?
Fountain Hill Borough has adopted Pennsylvania’s statewide building code, generally known as the Uniform Construction Code (UCC).
The UCC determines what type of work requires a PERMIT:
Pa. U.C.C. section 403.62 An owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish or change the occupancy of a residential building or erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace an electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system regulated by the Uniform Construction Code shall first apply to the building code official and obtain the required permit under § 403.62a (relating to permit application).
(b) An emergency repair or replacement of equipment may be made without first applying for a permit if a permit application is submitted to the building code official within 3 business days of the repair or replacement. Failure to complete an Application before starting the work could result in work stoppage, doubling the cost of the permit and possible fines and additional penalties
When do I need a permit
- change the structure or use of the building
- add or remove walls
- change the use (such as converting garage to living room)
- window installation (unless no change in size)
- plumbing work
- electric work
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning)
- additions (add square footage)
Can I bypass the building permit
- only when work is a repair to an existing non-structural item.
Some hazards include:
- when you sell the house, buyer’s inspection may uncover remodeling or additions that were done without permits and proper inspections that prevent selling the home causing work to be redone.
- in the event of fire, structural collapse or major plumbing problem, it is possible homeowner damage & liability may decline coverage.
Working without a permit
- If the work is discovered, the actual permits will double the permit cost .
- Replacing existing residential fixtures, such as repacing a toilet that already existed with another toilet, you don’t need a permit.
- Require a zoning permit (less than 200 square feet
Permit Application Procedure
1. Download the desired permit.
2. Complete permit application (PRINT CLEARLY AND LEGIBLY)
3. Attach 3 (three) sets of plans as required.
4. Submit Application and Plans to Fountain Hill Borough Office of Code Enforcement , 941 Long Street, Fountain Hill, PA 18015
5. Upon approval and issuance, the applicant will be notified the permit is ready for pick up, and the amount due for the permit. Payment must be made by check or money order, made payable to the Borough of Fountain Hill. Credit card payments will be accepted for an additional fee.
6. The permit may be picked up Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM at the reception desk at Fountain Hill Borough Hall, 941 Long Street, Fountain Hill, PA 18015.
RESIDENTIAL REPLACEMENT SEWER/ WATER SERVICE
RESIDENTIAL HOT TUB & SPA
ROAD OCCUPANCY (For dumpsters or Personal Storage Units to be placed on a street)
HANDICAP PARKING APPLICATION
HANDICAP PARKING RENEWAL APPLICATION
RENTAL UNIT REGISTRATIONS